The 9 Must-Have Items For Your Business Website
Whether you’re getting started on creating a new website for your business or refreshing an existing website, here are the 9 must-have items for your business website.
1. Responsive design:
Your website should be optimized for mobile devices. Learn how responsive websites can dramatically boost conversions, understand how it improves SEO, and streamlines analytics by reading 7 reasons companies need a responsive website design.
2. Quality content:
Content is the foundation of any successful website. Make sure your content is professional, informative, and engaging. Writing out your website content is an important foundational step to achieving a website you are proud to share and most importantly, a website your customers will feel is made for them. Make sure you have this in place:
- A clear statement about what you do, who you help, and the problem you solve for them
- Easy path for people to take to work with you
- Clarity about your brand so that you can be consistent with marketing
3. A clear call to action:
You should have a clear purpose for your website and a clear call to action that encourages visitors to take action. What is your website goal? Make sure that’s clear.
Protect your website with a secure login system and SSL encryption.
5. An analytics dashboard:
Track user behavior and website metrics with an analytics dashboard.
6. Social media integration:
Integrate your website with your social media accounts to increase visibility and engagement.
7. A blog:
A blog is a great way to share content and engage with your audience. It also gives the search engines more content to crawl and helps with your SEO.
8. Contact information:
Include contact information so visitors can easily get in touch with you. Can they reach you in one click?
9. Regular updates:
Keep your website up-to-date with regular content updates and design changes. A car needs oil changes, tires, and maintenance, and so does your website if you want to keep your investment running well.
Can you think of more?
Feel free to share in the comments below!
Need help making a plan for your website content and branding?
Have you ever…
- Desired a modern up-to-date website, but felt overwhelmed and paralyzed figuring out where to start?
- Wished to create a great first impression through your branding, web design, and messaging that would connect with your audience?
- Had the concern that people check a website before making contact with a business and you don’t want yours to look like a hot mess?
- Needed to show your online credibility through your website?
- Wanted a website that makes your brand shine and that you’re proud to show?
Grab your free 10-step guide to get the clarity you need for your website branding and messaging.